Tuesday, May 2, 2017

3D printing final session

In the final session we used 3d pens. The students learnt how to use the pens and create 3d objects with them.

I probably struggle to see the point of the 3D pens and the beads from last week as viable 3d creation options as a lot of what the students created were more 2D creations that had a slight 3D element.

All up it has been a really valuable experience to take this fostering strengths group. I have learnt a lot myself about how to teach and implement 3D printing back at school.

It gave me a great opportunity to work with the library technology educators and discuss the different ways that technology can be integrated into learning.

I am excited to bring 3D printing back to Aidanfield in some way. Whether it be a lunch time group or incorporating it into year 9/10 ICT.












No comments:

Post a Comment